Welcome to the front lines...

Welcome to the front lines of our battle with an enemy that Wall Street rated the most secretive company.

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Beth's Rants and Raves



Good day!


Welcome to Beth's rant and raves.

For my first post on rants and raves, I would like to tell you about my #1 pet peeve and how it is associated with Cigna.



Lying is my pet #1 peeve.

Let me tell you the story about the past couple of days and my dealing with my  "personal representative".


We finally received a copy of my husbands Disability Insurance policy and after I read it through for the fifth time, I decided to call "my personal rep" and tell her that according to the definition of disability that my husbands past company set forth, he was undeniably disabled and that should be that.  She told me that there were other things that they looked at.  (This is after I was told twice by other people that they had to go by the company that owns the policy definition)  But that is not where I caught her in a lie.

NOTE:  WE HAVE SINCE FOUND OUT THAT WHAT WE THOUGHT WAS A COPY OF HIS POLICY, WAS NOT HIS POLICY, BUT A BUNCH OF PAPERS THEY THREW TOGETHER.  IF YOU RECEIVE A COPY OF YOUR POLICY AND THERE ARE NO PAGE NUMBERS, YOU HAVE BEEN DECEIVED.

I was also calling her about the paper work they said they needed from Social Security.  We had faxed her the paper work she needed to get the info and I wanted to see where she was in the process.

At first she told me that she had sent in the forms on such and such day and had paid the invoice from Social Security.  Then she changed that and said that she had only sent it in and had not done any thing else in regards to Social Security. (Lie #1)

After talking to her, it was decided that she would contact Social Security and would get back to me.  And since the local Social Security office was closed, she would call them the next day.

Next day.

She called me back and said that there wasn't a local number to call, just the 800 # and she could not talk to any one at the local office because of that.  (Lie #2)



She then suggested that I go to the local office and get the information they needed.  To which I replied that Cigna is not paying me to do her job.  That she needed to get the information herself.

But being the nice people myself and my team are, we suggested that she fax the request in and even gave her the fax # for the local office she was dealing with.  We told her that we had faxed a request to that office and she could us that #.

She then asked who's name we had used when we sent the fax.  We used no name, I said, it's just like we do when sending a fax to Cigna because who we deal with at Cigna changes daily it seems (continue reading to see that who we deal with has changed once again) so we do not put a name on it.



She started saying that she was uncomfortable about sending a fax without knowing who she was dealing with.  (Welcome to our world Lucille Littles.  Lucille is not her real name, we just call her that)  I told her to just send the fax and they would get back to her.  Again and again I told her what to do, but when I was trying to talk, she kept going on about the name.  Finally, I raised my voice and asked to speak with a manager, she kept talking, finally, after asking her to transfer me to her manager for the third time she did.  (What she did was not a lie, but it is a delaying tactic Cigna uses hoping people will get frustrated and give up.) If you do not know our new catch phrase (which should apply to anyone dealing with Cigna in regards to their disability claim) let me share it with you.
WE WILL NEVER GIVE UP!!


As for "Lucille", when we first starting dealing with her we thought that she was a person who wanted to truly help us.  But like other employees at Cigna we had dealt with before who we will never deal with again, Lucille" has joined our 12 year shit list. (("Lucille", you are now on our radar and if there is information out there about you (past, present and future) we will find it.))  Why 12 years you ask?  That is how long it is until my husband, Jeff turns 65.



Besides, we should always remember who she works for and know that no matter what, we can not trust any one who works for Cigna.

So we are no longer dealing with "Lucille" but with her manager whose story is just starting, but we will share her story after it unfolds.



I truly wish that I could rave about how great dealing with Cigna is, but then again it's like hoping to win the lottery without buy a ticket.

There will be more rants and raves posted a they come about.

Thanks for stopping by!

Beth Cobb
CignaWarJournal at Gmail dot com.



No comments:

Post a Comment